Please join us for the installation of the 2015 SCAFO Board of Directors!
Our meeting will be hosted by Tony Nguyen.
Pat Wills, Fire/Arson Investigator from Long Beach Fire Department is our guest speaker.
We will be meeting at Knott's Berry Farm Hotel.
Registration is scheduled for 11:00 am. Lunch will begin at 11:30am. At 12:00pm we will begin training, followed by our business meeting.
Choices of Meals:
- Beef Forestiere with peppercorn mushroom sauce and roasted new potatoes.
- Mrs. Knott's Famous Fried Chicken with mashed potatoes and country gravy.
- Vegetarian. Vegetables wrapped in noodles with marinara and parmesan cheese.
All meals come with mixed salad greens, fresh seasonal vegetables, rolls and choice of boysenberry pie or cheesecake with raspberry sauce for desert, coffee and tea. A host bar also provided.
Cost: $30.00 per person.
Remember: If you make a reservation, you make a commitment - NO REFUNDS
The National Commission on Forensic Science has extended the public comment period on six new policy documents. The new deadline is November 21, 2014.
The texts of the policy documents (see list below) can be found here
- Draft Policy Recommendation on Discovery
- Draft Policy Recommendation on Universal Accreditation
- Draft Policy Recommendation on Expert Testimony
- Draft Views Document on Defining Forensic Science and Forensic Science Service Provider
- Draft Views Document on Scientific Literature in Support of Forensic Science and Practice
- Draft Policy Recommendation on Accreditation and Certification of Medicolegal Death Investigation Personnel
To view or submit public comments on these policy documents, click here and enter Docket No. DOJ-LA-2014-0006
The notification of the comments extension in the Federal Register can be found here